Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Edison's Dream ~ Chapter Three ~ Part Three

All that could be heard throughout the museum was the sounds of moaning and groaning. The eyes of the exhibits were staring coldly at Edison, almost as if they wished to attack him. “So all of these people…are real…” he said to himself, sickened at the thought. Although he tried his best to not look at any of the exhibits, one in particular did catch his eye. It was a large aquarium, and inside of it to the far right sat a castle. Little pieces of seaweed fluttered throughout. Edison looked towards the exhibit and noticed a diver figurine swimming out of the castle’s entrance. The figurine wore a blue jacket and pants, with black flippers. A scuba diving mask was on its face. When it fully exited the castle, it swam to the edge of the aquarium where Edison stood peering in. The figurine raised its left hand and gave Edison a small wave. This startled him, making him jump back slightly. It then motioned Edison to come closer toward the exhibit. “Am I completely out of it, or what?” he asked aloud. The figurine continued to motion him. He sighed and slowly approached the aquarium and bent over to get a closer look.

All of a sudden, the entire room seemed to get larger and larger. Edison felt his feet being swept off the ground, and his body began to hover in the direction of the exhibit. The figurine remained on the other side of the aquarium, watching Edison as he hovered in mid air. “Where am I being taken to?” he asked, shutting his eyes tightly. Just as he did, he could see a bright white flash through his eyelids. Ever so carefully, he opened his eyes, and was instantly shocked. He found himself inside of the exhibit’s aquarium. Mysteriously, he was able to breathe without any difficulty. From around the corner of the aquarium’s castle, the diver figurine swam towards Edison. Both of them were now the exact same size. The diver appeared to be a young woman, with shoulder length blonde hair reaching down from the scuba mask. “So glad you could make it.” She said. “You…you can talk?” replied Edison. “I thought you were a figurine.” The diver smiled. “I’m not really supposed to be,” she revealed, “I was turned into this by the curator. I must now spend my life inside of this aquarium.” Edison felt sad and frightened when he heard this. “How did I get in here?” he asked. “I was granted the gift of shrinking people from outside of this exhibit. So when I saw you, I brought you in here to help you.” The diver explained. “Help me with what?” asked Edison. “There is something hidden within this exhibit that unlocks the curator’s private chambers. It is there that you will find him and defeat him.” The diver spun around and started swimming to the castle. “Follow me, my dear.” she instructed. He obeyed the diver and followed her across the aquarium.

As Edison and the diver approached the castle, its drawbridge lowered for them to enter. A deep rectangular hole was inside, with miniature torches placed in each corner. “The world beneath the castle is a cold and treacherous place.” the diver stated. “I have tried many times to enter it and find the curator’s key, but I have had no luck.” Edison stared at the castle for a brief moment, and then looked back at the diver. “I will try to not let you down.” he reassured her. With that, he swam inside of the castle, and dove into the hole.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This story is really getting good. Love the music too!
R...

Susan R. Mills said...

Great story!

Margaret Benbow said...

What a thrillingly frightening museum and exhibit! The story keeps growing more complex and compelling...

Rachel Harris said...

Very interesting! I am NO GOOD at coming up with fantasy type ideas. I think I craft a pretty good story for Young Adults and adults, but my poor children suffer through horrible attempts at stuff like this :-)
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!!

Unknown said...

Great way to work your craft. Thanks for stopping by my site. I enjoyed the "chapter" and had never thought of blogging a book. Great idea!

Kristin said...

LOVE the blog! Thanks so much for stopping by mine! I'll look forward to reading more...

Kristin
MyBookishWays

Samantha Vérant said...

Very cool! And, hey, I just tried scuba for the first time this year!

brandileigh2003 said...

I am hopping by from Follow Friday. I only have a fish right now. I’m following you and would love it if you follow me back! Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Laura (All of Everything) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :]
This sounds like one cool dream; fantasy is one of my fave genres too, anything can happen!

N. R. Williams said...

Nice to meet you. I read them all. I'm not sure I would be so trusting if I were Edison.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

fialka012 said...

Je to úžasné ❤ ❤ ❤

Kristin said...

Really enjoying the story so far! Keep up the great work!

Have a wonderful week!
Kristin
MyBookishWays

Peter Greene said...

Awesome. I am sucked right in, like a good video game. Thanks for sharing this, W.B.

Post a Comment